I wanted to share my hiking trip with all of you because it was so fantastic. My friend from Santa Clara, Kathleen, and her husband Lee (who works for the BLM) invited me down to do the "Wave". It's an amazing hike about 30 miles out of Kanab, and the trailhead is south of there about 20 minutes on a dirt road. We have wanted to do this for a number of years and Lee had to go to the area to count milkweek pods in the nearby sand dunes so we tagged along. Kathleen told me she had a surprise for me too. This surprise was the opportunity to hike to a place people are calling the "dinosaur dance floor" or the "dancing floor". It has been on the news recently as a fairly new discovery. In the past, people would see this place and just think it was full of potholes, but now they believe it is actual dinosaur tracks--at least four varieties, and even some tail drags. If you go on line and search "dinosaur dance floor" you will see a number of press releases with different organizations. But first of all, going into the Wave was amazing--worth all the tromping through the sand. It was a beautiful day--bright and sunny, and the sky was the most incredible color of blue I've seen in a long time. It was gorgeous. And then we headed around the mountain, and up to a hidden canyon, and there it was--the dance floor. It is approximately 3/4 of an acre with views of Navajo Mountain, a distant thin finger of stone, a small arch, a grove of trees, and interesting rock formations. I feel like I really was walking where dinosaurs did almost forever ago. It was an experience of instantaneous and sustained joy for me--you all know how much I love to hike. I also want to express how grateful I am to my Heavenly Father who loves us so much that this earth was designed just for us to behold and enjoy. Hope you like the pictures--I took 94 so there's alot more to see. Someday I would like to take all of you there to see it for yourselves. Anyone game?? Love you!! Brenda



I want to go--as long as I'm not pregnant and no one says "Its just up this hill. . . or maybe the next hill" How is it for kids?
ReplyDelete