I just had Keshia show me how to do this stupid blogging thing--with your dad's email and password. I don't think anything else gets me more frustrated than trying to do something and not being able to figure it out to do it on my own. Grrrrr. Okay, I'm calm now. Frankly, I just wanted to tell Jesse that I responded to two of her blogs, but when I went back to read the other comments, mine were not there. Obviously I did not know how to do this, although I thought it was a piece of cake to figure it out and thought I had done it. Keshia showed me how to do that too. And, by the way, Jesse, they were good comments, but now I can't remember what I said or how I said it that made them so good. So, oh well, now we will never know how good they were.
That said--yes, Keshia is here with us for a few days--thank goodness she made it. It took her 14 1/2 hours to get here--her starter belt was in shreds; she had to be towed back to the garage by Cove Fort and it was about 5 hours before she could move on; then the oil light went on, she had to pull over and add oil; again and again and again and again--about every 50 to 90 miles--she had to stop, check it, buy more, add it, etc.--she counted 13 quarts of oil that she had to put in the car; she left home a little after noon and got here about 2:30 am; oh, and it was snowing really bad by Malad and she went off the road--had to have help from good samaritans to get back on. At first I was freaking out because of stranger danger, and then it was, thank goodness there was someone else out there at that time of night to even stop and help her. Lots of prayers going on last night. There were a couple of times I hopped up off the couch and said, "We need to go get her--c'mon, let's go get her." Especially when we couldn't reach her on her phone--it was about to die, so she had turned it off to save it in case she really needed it--and I was thinking...you can just guess what I was thinking. So she made it, we all slept in, and she and Val took the car to the dealer for a diagnosis this morning--don't know yet if it is salvagable--but she is here safe and that is what is important.
Val and I are so excited that we are going to be grandparents again--Brent and Millie--we are so happy for you. What a huge blessing. We love being grandma and papa, and our grandkids have the best aunts and uncles, and now cousins-to-be. Are we having fun or what?
Just so you all know--I am in the Primary presidency and in charge of cubscouts. I went to Roundtable Thursday night. Do any of you know what that is? Its a meeting where all the scout leaders, etc. get together to get ideas about what to do for den meetings and pack meetings. Can I just say that those who are truly dedicated are amazing--however, it is a bit like an entire new sub-culture (new to me). Whoever these people are, they have actually found their niche in the world and found others that they have that in common with. Do you know what a 'round of applause' is? You clap your hands and move your arms in a circle--get it? They have all kinds of cheers, and songs, and skits, etc. and they are not afraid to use them--in public, in front of EVERYONE. This is not my thing--I just want to sit in the corner and observe--take notes--be invisible. Obviously they are fine; I am the one with the problem. As in, 'Dear Heavenly Father, I am going to need help with this'.
Anyway, just had stuff I wanted to say to everyone. I have a hard time remembering who I told what, so this way, you all get the info. Love you all--Mom
Olivia & NF1 Update
-
Well, so. . . . here it is:
These are the results from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) on the
volumetric measurements of the plexiform neurofibroma ...
9 years ago
Yeah!! Mom is blogging!! I'm glad Keshia made it there safe, we would have helped any way we could of and she would have been welcome to stay here, but I'm sure she just wanted to get there finally!! I completely agree about scouts-- whole different world! Good luck with everything, we love you guys!
ReplyDeleteOkay, this is a test to make sure I can comment and everything. I'm excited Mom is blogging, too, I hope we get to read many more posts from Mom. :)
ReplyDelete