I love Christmas--always have--and I love everything that goes with it. First and foremost, that we, the whole world practically, celebrates the Savior's birth and life, mostly together. Second, that family is so important--what's the point of it all without each other. Third, the hoopla--I think it's fun and I enjoy it. So, this tree is the main one--yes, I have more than one--and I love it because it is tall, and traditional--with lots of red, homemade and purchased ornaments (I look for new ones all year round), and lots of lights. This year we have sent all the presents to everyone, and only have one under the tree so far. To me from Val :) and I don't know what it is. He loves that.
This tree is in our bedroom and has a lots of my favorite things on it. I love 'Joy' ornaments, ice skates, snowflakes, cats, shells and buttons on metal-rimmed tags, old-fashioned Santas, dragonflies, silver anything. My favorite thing is to turn off all the lights, but the tree lights, and sit in bed and stare at it.
This tree sits in the kitchen--it's kind of rustic and doesn't have lights. I love the ornaments on it. There are snowman heads, angels, quirky santas, rust 'joy' ornaments, rust snowflakes, paper-mache candy canes, and at the top, a red star w/'Believe' on it and I do. Believe. But to me it doesn't mean 'in Santa'. To me it means in God, in the Savior, in all that is good, in faith, hope and charity, in myself, in my family.
So, Merry Christmas to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment