Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fun Saturday!

























Your dad and I have had a fun Saturday. We went to the garden nursery (the one I was going to work at) and picked out a tree for the front yard. It was kind of hard because we had to find something that wouldn't get so big that it would overpower the house and yard. We found a flowering, non-fruit producing, pear tree. It is only supposed to get 20-30 feet tall and 15-20 wide. It gets white flowers in the spring, green leaves during the summer, and turns a pretty gold-yellow in the fall. They will deliver it next week and plant it too.

I took lunch to a sister in the ward who just had surgery with my visiting teaching partner--it was fun to visit with her and actually get to know her alittle. I think we have some things in common--being in Primary I don't usually get the chance to visit with adults much. Then we actually visit taught one of our sisters--she's great. Older, wiser, spunky--one of those you hope you can grow up to be like in some ways. Your dad checked out the sprinklers while I was doing that--we have some stress--the main sprinkler thingy cracked and broke over the winter so we have a leak we will have to have someone come and repair. Isn't home ownership fun--AND don't we love the winter!!

Then we went to the kite festival--it was so fun--we took lots of pictures. I remember that St. George had a kite festival every year, but for whatever reason, we never went. Can you believe that? There were tons of people and kites. The wind wasn't always very strong--everyone would be flying their kites and all of a sudden they would all come down. There were some of every shape and size and color and that goes for all the people there flying them too. Pretty cool. I guess they have this kite festival every year the last weekend in April. They also served free hot dogs and soft drinks--you could make a donation to the food bank if you wanted to--we did.

Then tonight we caught up on new Heroes episodes--five of them--on our instant watch. What the heck is this world coming to??? Love ya

1 comment:

  1. I've also been catching up on "Heroes" through instant watch, but I have to watch it on my tiny laptop screen. I'm not really complaining though, I'm glad I have a chance to watch them. I can't decide how I feel about this season. Much better than the last two seasons, but it still feels like it's not going anywhere. Justin says he saw a preview for the season finale and it looked good. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete